FIVE Things I Learned in January

Saturday, February 3, 2018

1. I have finally learned how to get over my resistance to working out consistently. 

It has to do with my Questioner Tendency (see below to learn more) ... meaning that I was exercising for the wrong reason - to lose weight.  Since I didn't see significant changes in weight loss after exercising consistently, I lost steam because my questioner tendency kicks in making me, well question, if it's worth exercising at all. 

So instead of exercising to lose weight, I changed my mindset and now I exercise for my overall well-being ... more focused on feeling 'happier' afterwards rather than losing the pounds.  This ultimately has helped me be more consistent and getting to the gym because now I go for enjoyment and not just focusing on the maximum calorie burn classes.  I think enjoyment - leads to consistency - which leads ultimately to the end goal in mind.  This article articulates it best.

The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People's Lives Better, Too) 

(Do you want to know what tendency you are?).

2. Consciously applying active listening skills (basically holding your tongue!) with your teen is hands down the best thing you can do to not only encourage their own problem solving skills, but also in preserving a healthy relationship during an already difficult phase of the parent/child life trajectory.

Great article about this.

3.  Indecision is actually a decision.  Be a person of action - you either do or you don't, but just decide.  My husband and I have accomplished more this past month, then the last 6 months since we started applying this philosophy.

4.  I can make a whole chicken in the Instapot in 30 minutes ... it's our Sunday dinner go to ... with the added bonus of chicken for salads during the week and home made bone broth.  Check out my Pinterest for a great recipe.



5. The ability to reframe a situation is probably the most valuable skill you can cultivate in life.


No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs