I heart faces - Photography Challenge: Tickled Pink

Saturday, October 22, 2011

 I WON TOP 10!  Yeah, so exciting - I was number #6.  Read about it.here. 

This photo contains some important 'lessons' within ... I remember this particular day on the beach; I was eager to get some beautiful pictures of Olivia.  The light was perfect and I was determined to get it right.  Well, getting it 'right' didn't take into consideration a little girl who just wanted to 'dance' and play on the beach - not 'pose' for any pictures that her mom wanted to 'tourture' her with.  So after a few frustrated attempts of getting her to hold still and smile, I gave up and told her to just do what she wanted to do.  To my chagrin, what turned out were some of my favorite pictures from the beach - they are real, un-scripted, in-the-moment, spontaneous captures of my 8-year old daughter's soul and personality ... isn't that what photography is all about? 





_MG_1771 copy




8 comments :

Arden Prucha said...

Simply lovely - the soft tones are perfect!

Michele said...

love her reflection too

Heather said...

Wonderful!

Melissa said...

this is gorgeous!!

Torre said...

beautiful!!

Chantal said...

Great photo!

Unknown said...

Good for you : ) I love moms that let their kids PLAY and have fun when getting their pictures taken. Life is too short to pose and say cheese : ) This is sensational. Absolutely breathtaking. Congratulations on your win this week!

Susan said...

Congrats on your win.

This picture is just stunning!!

Enjoyed my visit here, I'll be back♥

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs