Book Review - The Gift of an Ordinary Day

Saturday, April 11, 2020

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1h24pmcrF8Kc3eSOhQJ4WnwI0R4uvm3XD

The Gift of an Ordinary Day  will most likely be added to my most loved books of all time. It’s funny how a book finds you just when you need it the most.  I have seen this book quite a number of times over the years as the title is something that I’m typically drawn to; however for whatever reason at the time I never decided to read it.  About a month ago I was puttering around a giant book warehouse when I came across this book again. I decided I was going to actually read it this time. 

The moment I read the first opening paragraph I knew I would want to devour, but at the same time savor every word. I have never underlined so many passages that spoke to me ... and still think about to this day. Dare I say that I won’t be surprised if I re-read this book every year ... especially the year Olivia spreads her wings and flies off to college —- which is next year!!  

I felt like the author was a kindred soul - our life alike, but different in many ways. The book spoke to me about the process of letting go and holding on at the same time. Appreciating the small moments of your ordinary life - which in turn actually is the recipe for your one big beautiful gift of life we all receive.  Each person has their own unique path ... including, and most especially, your children.  Have faith that they are on their own journey ... separate from yours ... and they too will figure it all out in time. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1qL3YP6PexXTe6BGWNsrQdJQ6m8e_ICFx

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1LK3erXOPpDmv_cHRzzgKmwH1SE51l3p8

So many passages spoke to me in a way that answered a yearning question on my heart. 

I’m equally excited to start reading her 2nd book, which is equally appropriate for this time in my life - entering my 50’s. 

I’ve also enjoyed her blog


https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16gyO6YAQISZQhWBqdnf898O-vz_pFBVE

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs