One Little Word

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I had no idea when I picked my word for the year - Be Present - how difficult it would be to actually incorporate the concept  into my daily life ... which only goes to show how much I deperatly need it!  

I am finding that 90% of my day my mind is on overdrive thinking about what's next, what's on my list to do, hurry up with this task and on to the next.  Becoming more aware of my natural tendency is seriously depressing!  I'm constantly reminding myself to .... 

- STOP looking at my email and turn around for two minutes to give my daughter my full attention to see what she made in Art ... Be present 


- STOP thinking about what I need to do when I get done with my run and actually enjoy the path I'm on even if it's cold!!  Be present 


- STOP scarfing down my breakfast so I can bark orders about unloading the dishwasher before I start work and actually enjoy the two hour delay with my daughter ... Be present 


- STOP telling myself I'll do something later when I have more time and instead take the time to make the drink that will nourish my body ... Be present 


It takes practice I guess ... it's a journey and I'm grateful I picked this word because it's a gift that both my family and myself will reap the benefits from for a long time to come. 

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs