Spring Break Day Seven - Sedona and Jerome

Friday, March 29, 2013

We left Grand Canyon around 10am to get back on the road towards Sedona. On our way we happened to past the Flintstones park and I remembered that was the park my Dad took me too when he came to visit me in Az for the first time when I was 3 years old. Too long of a story to explain in this post why I saw my biological father for the first time at 3 years old - that's a story for another day. It was really cool to see this park as it brought back a ton of memories!

We drove down Oak Creek Canyon with our convertible top down and enjoyed the awesome views and sunny Spring day! First day of our vacation that the weather was actually hot out! Our first stop in Sedona was to the Church of the Holy Cross. It was a very beautiful church and it supposedly sits on tip of four convening vortexes which enhances the spirituality of the place. We light a candle and said a little prayer. Then we headed for lunch in Sedona. I ordered a Prikly Pear frozen margarita that was big pink and wonderful. Dan had prickly pear fries - yum.

We did a little shopping and then headed towards Jerome. In Jerome we went to a ghost town full of old cars and trucks. A photographer's playground ... just a step below old barns in my book. then we walked around the town of Jerome for a bit and did some shopping.

Then it was time to head towards Phoenix to drop off our rental car at the airport and see my sister Teresa and family.







































No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs