I did it!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

I ran my very first race, a 5K on Saturday, Oct. 27th. It was a little over 3 miles and my goal was to not walk, to run the entire way. I was so happy that I accomplished this goal. It felt great and I totally could do this again. Maybe my next goal will be to do a 10k?

I ran it with my girlfriends, Tammy and Amy. I was very grateful to both of them for sticking with me...even though I'm sure they wanted to run a little faster since they have run before. It was a great motivator to get through the thing.
The best part of the whole race was to see Olivia at mile 2 and at the finish line cheering me on. So totally cute. When I was done, she looked up to me and said, "Mommy, when I grow big I'm going to run just like you."








3 comments :

Everly said...

that is AWESOME!!!!

Amy W said...

Wohoo - you are the woman! We'll do another one soon! Maybe it won't be raining and someone will get out of bed and run it wil us! ;-0

Jennifer said...

You go!! you look great!!!! Very proud of you!
J.

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs