Labor Day

Monday, September 3, 2007

Dan, Olivia and I drove down to North Carolina (again) to visit Dan's parents in Statesville. Had a nice time hanging out with Dan's two step-brothers, Jonathan (and his wife, Jessica) and Matt who also came to visit. Jonathan has two children, Natasha and Jonathan Jr. Great kids and a lot of fun to be around. Olivia loved playing with them.


Saturday evening we built a fire and sat around the fire visiting. We had marshmallows and fresh popcorn - yummy! Not a great picture, by the way.

Sunday we all went bowling. It was Olivia's first time (and I forgot my camera - darn), but she did really well - she scored a 79 and even got a strike! As far as me, well let's just say my score was so bad I don't even want to post it, plus I fell right on my behind when I tried to rescue Olivia's wayward ball from the lane (forgot how slippery those lanes are!!). Then, on my very last bowl I actually got three strikes in a row! LOL. Anyway, a good time was had by all.



We drove home late Sunday night, arrived home around 3:30am. We like to drive at night because then Olivia sleeps most of the way and less traffic.


Had a nice visit, but glad to be back home. Our poor car the last few weekends has put on so many miles with two trips to North Carolina and New York. We're hoping to stay put next weekend!

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs