The verdict....did Olivia like her new room?

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The answer is a resounding YES! When Nanny and PaPa pulled into the driveway, after of course, hugging Mommy and Daddy to death, she wanted to go see her new room. She raced upstairs and when she saw her new room she started to jump up and down, screaming, "Look at my new room, my new room, I love my new room!". So that reaction definitely made it all worth it. She was so excited, she actually started to hyperventilate and we needed to try to calm her down a bit, LOL. Boy if I had known a little paint and a new bedspread would get her this excited!

We are so glad to have our little girl back. It was a very nice break, but life just isn't the same without little Ms. Olivia, otherwise known by some as, Princess Olivia of Ashburn. Now only after two days back with us, my house is a complete disaster zone...but heck, that is what life is all about. One of my friends once said, a clean house is a life not lived! So agree!!!

And of course, we had our first official boo boo as well since returning. Last night, she burnt her little leg on the exhaust pipe on Dan's car. Not sure how it happened since I wasn't there, but poor little thing has a nice little blister on her leg and it is demanding a lot of attention (warranted or not!). Thank goodness for the little Alvera plant I purchased awhile ago that Dan, until now, gave me grief about when I first bought it.

Mom and Bill really kept Olivia busy last week. They went to a Nature Center, fed fish, ducks, birds, ate ice cream, went on scavenger hunts, went to DollyWorld, and an aquarium. Lots and lots of fun and the report back was that she was very well behaved...with of course, some typical 4 year old independence streaks once in awhile. It sounded like a good time was had by all. Thanks Mom and Bill for taking Olivia for the week!!!!

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs