Swimming

Sunday, February 23, 2020

For the past few months I have committed to swimming for 30 minutes every Sunday morning (and sometimes I’ll go on Thursday’s as well).  I realized recently that it’s the only time during the week where I’m not surrounded my some sort of background chatter or listening to a podcast/audiobook.  

I didn’t like the silence at first - so much so that I went through a couple rounds of trying to find waterproof earbuds to no avail.  Now I embrace the quiet sounds of the water  and my breath as I swim my laps back and forth ... back and forth.   

Oftentimes I’ll say several mantras in my head as I swim my laps - it’s a great way to kick off the week. After my swim I’ll sit in the steam room for a few minutes before hoping in the shower.  

It has become one of my favorite self-care routines and an exercise I have come to enjoy. 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=16EJMP0a95MzOlzLFwZChT6XwDLPhQ_ND

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs