Favorite Things - January

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Some of my favorite things in the month of January:

Accessories:

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Tote 

I adore my new purse and I love the perfect almond color!  The best part is that I can completely change the look by opening the side zippers.  It has a front and back pocket - perfect for easy access to the iPhone.  The best part of is that I paid cash for it using my FaceBook sales - yay me!
Jewelry:
 
Crystal Mason Ring  I wear this ring almost everyday.  It goes with everything and love that I can wear it on my middle finger so I can wear other rings with it. 
 
 
 
 
Technology:
 
SOL Republic Wireless headphones in white/rose gold  I have had the hardest time finding wireless ear buds that stay in my ear and are comfortable to wear.  My quest is over.  I LOVE these and wear them almost everyday while working out or listening to podcasts/audiobooks.  They are perfect!
 
 
Beauty:

Sunday Riley Luna Oil   I resisted buying this for a long time because of the price.  I finally caved and I'm glad I did.  It is wonderful.  Seriously, my skin has never looked better.  What I noticed first is the discoloration on my skin has significantly decreased.  I use it sparingly - every other night and a little goes a long way.  Definitely worth the price in my book.



Book:

Rising Strong by Bene Brown  This is a great book with so many insights and words of wisdom.  This particular section reminded me of what my mom would often tell me, "It's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all."

"To love at all is to be vulnerable.  Love anything and your heart will certainly be wrung and possibly be broken.  If you want to make sure of keeping it intact, you must give it to no one, not even an animal.  Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements.  Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness.  But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change.  I twill not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable.  To love - is to be vulnerable.." 


 

TV Show:

Motzart in the Jungle   I recently discovered this show on Netflix and binge watched the first season.  I didn't think I would like it, but surprisingly it was really good!



Music:

Charles Kelley  I recently discovered on Spotify, Charles Kelley, from the band Lady Antebellum.  I didn't realize he also had a single album.   I don't normally listen to country music, but he may convert me.  Love the singer-songwriter feel to his music.



Favorite Quote:



Proud Parent Moment:

Olivia is very emotionally resilient.  She certainly has her moments of 'despair' typical of any tween girl ... but what I love most about her is her ability to pull herself up by the mental 'boot straps' and forge ahead.  She shared with me that she often thinks of this quote to help her move on from difficult moments -

"Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% of how you think about it."  

Paper Goodies

Scarlet Lime Planner Society kit  I am a planner nerd!  The only thing that beats the joy of writing something down and crossing it off is decorating and adding stickers to my to do list.  I know I know .... you have to be a certain type of person to understand the joy of it all - lol!  There is a HUGE society out there of women (perhaps men, but I have yet to witness one) who love this stuff.  I love getting my monthly kit from Scarlet Lime in the mail and just recently stopped hoarding all of my stash and decided to actually USE it.  It makes me happy!








No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs