Lucky Girl

Thursday, March 29, 2012

While I was driving Olivia home from gymnastics tonight she told me unprompted that she was one lucky girl with two amazing parents. She further started that her heart was like a locket and both mommy and daddy unlocked it. Ahhhh, I sat there stunned in the dark car ... It's few and far between when one gets that much of a declaration of appreciation in parenthood. I just soaked it in and told her that we prayed for her and God gave us the best gift ever ... HER and we were really the lucky ones. Had to come home and blog this right away because I'm sure tomorrow she will feel different .... And someday when she acts like she doesn't know us ... I'll remember this post and be thankful for these moments and know that they will come again (when she's around 30!)

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs