Where does money come from?

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Today, I tivo'd Oprah and the show was about Teaching Kids About Money. This is the conversation that followed between Olivia and I:

Mommy: "Olivia, where does money come from?"

Olivia: "From God."

Mommy: "Well, yes, in a sense, but how does Mommy and Daddy get money?"

Olivia: "From the Money Man."

Mommy: "The Money Man, who is he and how does he get money?"

Olivia: "He grows money on a farm and then puts the money in an envelope and mails it out to everyone."

Hmmm, I think it's time to start talking about where money really comes from! I recall similiar thinking when I was about this age. My Dad would always bring me home pennies from work so I one day someone asked me what my Dad did. I replied, "He counts pennies all day long and then brings them home to me." LOL

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs