Christmas Countdown...

Sunday, December 2, 2007

I started an Advent Calendar for Olivia. I tried to do one for her last year, but between me forgetting to do it on some days and her being a bit too young to remind me...it never really happened. Well, this year, she will most definitely remind me if we forget to open a door each day. Instead of all gifts/prizes...I put in little activities and things to do together....like, "go on a candy cane hunt", "read "Twas the Night Before Christmas", etc... It's a fun way to count down the days till Santa comes for her.

We had a great weekend. We went on a candy cane hunt at the local community center with our friends Amy and Andrew. Went to Hannah's birthday party and then Amy, Colin, Andrew, Jen, Brandon, GG, and Lex went to the local town's Christmas parade. The kids were excited because their teacher was dancing in the parade.


On Sunday we woke up early to get our Christmas tree. With my sister and her husband's help we decorated the tree. It's the smallest tree we ever had, but it will do. I do love going through all our keepsake ornaments. Ever since Dan and I met we have always bought an ornament together. Each year, when we pull out the very first one we bought to signify our first Christmas together...it amazes us when we see the year on it, 1989....we have known each other for 18 years, amazing! I am so lucky to have found him early in my life!

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs