Picnic on a weekday

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I love to do fun things during the weekday. All too often we save the 'having fun' and living for the weekends. That's why I try, although I don't always succeed, to try to do some fun things during the work week.

Like last night, we met DS1 and DS3 (i.e dear sister in birth order, LOL) with their husbands and my DS3's friends in town from California for dinner. We went to dinner, http://www.clydes.com/main/RestaurantsDetail.cfm?Restaurant=Willow_Creek_Farm&Section=Main , here...love that place. DD was a little angel and was very well behaved for the few hours we were there. Had the best chicken salad and strawberry shortcake. Surprisingly it didn't show on the scale this morning...probably due to the fact that I skipped lunch in anticipation of a fabulous dinner.

Today after work, I'm meeting my girlfriends and their children at a local park for an evening picnic. I'll take some pictures and share later tonight.

Edited: The kids had a great time at the park. They had happy meals while the mom's enjoyed deli sandwiches/salads and a little 'pick-me-ups'in blue plastic cups 'wink-wink'. We are going to try to do this every Wednesday since the weather is so nice and it stays light so late now...we didn't leave the park until 8:45pm.

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs