Memorial Day Happenings

Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's going to be a busy three day weekend. Bright and early this morning we woke up to start our garage sale. We were outside and up for business by 7:30am. We got a lot of great traffic. We probably made about $150, not much, but I wasn't selling anything huge. Mostly DD old toys and clothes. Afterwards, we backed up the car and loaded everything we didn't sell and took it straight to a local Thrift Shop. Can you believe they wouldn't take toys? I didn't know they could be so picky! Now I have two bags of toys sitting in the back of my trunk with nowhere to go....they may find themselves on the side of the road somewhere, LOL.

Last night my DS1 and DS3 came up to visit and we took DD for a haircut, went to dinner, and then did a little shopping. I bought a bathing suit, and if you can believe it, I don't hate my body in it...I guess I look okay in it, (smirk). They spent the night and around midnight, DS1 offered a suggestion about moving my scrapbook room into the office and moving the guest bed out of the office and into the scrapbook room...to make it like a 'real' guestroom. Let me tell you brilliant ideas are born in the wee hours of the morning. We almost started working right there, but quickly became overwhelmed by the work involved....so like true wives, we decided to make plans for our DH's to help us on Monday exchange for a picnic Monday afternoon for Memorial Day. So with that, come Monday morning, I'll have DS's and DBIL's (Dear Brother In Laws) moving things around. Got to love family, :-)

Tomorrow, we are meeting our friends and their twin girls at a Strawberry festival. It should be a lot of fun. I'll post pictures later. Then tomorrow night we were invited to dinner over at another friend's house who just moved. It will be a busy Sunday, but we love getting together with friends...and we especially love long weekends. Although I have a feeling tat I'll be just exhausted as I was on Friday come this Tuesday back at work. Oh well, it will be a good tired.

No comments :

Made With Love By The Dutch Lady Designs